Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Courtesy of Brenda

Brenda liked the poem that was my first post and asked me to find and post some more. I generally hate them but Brenda likes them so here goes.

You are not here
You are not here
The thing in my head that looks like you
And would talk like you if it could talk
Is not you
You are not here
The thing in my head does not know you
I think I know you but I only really know
The thing in my head
Which is actually me
But I don't know me
I only know the thing in my head
Which is not you
On Friday I looked into it's eyes
I thought it was you but it wasn't
It was terrifying anyway
Even though it wasn't you
It only looked like you
And it smiled like you do sometimes
And it said "Stop looking at me"
Like you would
If you were here
Only you're not here
And I don't know what you would really do
Since you're not really here
I had to swallow and breath
Cause it scared me
Even though it wasn't you

No comments: